Continental Breakfast & Lunch Provided
Free Parking Provided by Bioseal
Continuing Education Credits
IAHCSMM = 6 CE Credits
CBSPD = 6 CE Credits
AST = 6 CE Credits
Member - $50
Non Member - $75 (Cost includes 1 year membership)
Student - $25 (Cost includes 1 year membership)
Session Topics and Speakers
“Acing” your next Accreditation Survey:Not just for Managers anymore!
Jhmeid Billingslea, CRCST, CIS, CHL, CST, CMRP
Advantage Support Services
- What is an Accreditation Survey?
- What does Accreditation mean to my customers?
- So you are saying as long as we don’t lose our Accreditation we are fine?
- What is an ESC?
- Why all this focus on TJC Surveys and Readiness?
- CS Departments’ main Standard: IC.02.02.01
- How is CS doing?
- How do we know what the Surveyors are looking for?
- Prep, Pack and Sterilization
- Sterile Storage
- High Level Disinfection
- Administration, Education and Training
- Quality Program: What are you measuring?
- Seems Overwhelming? WE CAN DO IT!!!
Optimizing Inventory Management - Supplies, Instruments and Equipment
Alison Sonstelie, BS, CRCST, CHL
NoCoast Consulting, LLC (Sponsored by OneSource)
Thoughtful management of inventory can create cost savings and opportunities to provide value.
- Inventory basics like par levels, turn rates, and sourcing
- Different theories and strategies for managing inventory
- Using data and reports to make well-informed business decisions
Medical Device Manufacturing & You!
Attendees will be given a tour of the Bioseal Manufacturing Plant to get an inside-peek at the process Bioseal adheres to. Also a hands-on portion allowing attendees to become involved in the manufacturing process.
Communication between the OR and SPD:Bridging the Gap & Improving Processes
Harry Mullen, CRCST, CER, CIS, CHL
Senior Partner - Central Sterilization Solutions
SPD Manager - Riverside University Hospital
- To consider verbal and non-verbal communication methods
- To understand and practice effective listening skills
- To communicate in clear, respectful and non-judgmental ways
- Understanding the dynamics between the OR and SPD
- Understand the impact the OR has on workflow
- Educating your support staff and know what is needed
- What opportunities are available to improve?