The Science of Reprocessing - Point of use cleaning/care of medical devices a team approach
Kevin Anderson, BSN, RN, CSSM, CRCST, CHL, CIS, CER Clinical Education Coordinator - Healthmark
- Discuss the importance and impact of point of use Care / Cleaning on medical devices
- Review the various professional’s role in point of use care and cleaning of medical devices, Nurses, Medical device reprocessors, Surgical technicians
- Identify current accreditation standards and professional groups point of view that pertain to point of us care / cleaning, AAMI, AORN, AST, CSA, JC, CMS, Others
Decontamination: Where it all begins
Jamie Zarembinski, CCSVP
Clinical Educator for Sterile Processing - Key Surgical
- Define the importance of best practices in the decontamination department in sterile processing
- Training in the decontamination area: set techs up for success!
- Proper PPE practices for decontamination
- At sink practice: identify what should be prepared at the sink before, during and after cleaning of instrumentation
- Manual Cleaning, Mechanical Washing, and Cart Washers…oh my!
- Importance of ultrasonic cleaner use
- Maintenance for sinks, washers, and ultrasonic: who does it and how often should we perform?
- Audit or quality assurance programs for the decontamination department in Sterile Processing
- Decontamination and manufacturers, what’s the deal?
The Science of Reprocessing - PPE
Kevin Anderson, BSN, RN, CSSM, CRCST, CHL, CIS, CER
Clinical Education Coordinator - Healthmark
- Review the guidance in ANSI/AAMI ST 79 for PPE for the medical device reprocessing professional
- Review OSHA blood borne requirements
- Understand the proper way to don and duff PPE
Continuous Improvement for Everyday Processing
Alison Sonstelie, B.S., CHL, CRCST
NoCoast Consulting, LLC - Sponsored by OneSource
One of the most difficult and important tasks for any department is to continuously improve. How do we manage to stay ahead of the game when it’s always so busy?
- Discuss establishing standard work and training programs
- Identify staff-driven improvement projects
- Describe methods for delegating project work for technician development
Trends in the Health Care Industry:
The balance between patient care and the
role of the different health care systems
William Leiva, MPH
CSSD Global Care Setting Scientific Affairs Manager – 3M
- Challenges of care providers success and survival of different facilities
- External and internal forces at work and the impact on care
- What impact might you feel and what can you do to continue beat practice care
Wet Packs Time to Reprocess
David Jagrosse, CRCST CHL
David Jagrosse Consulting LLC - Sponsored by OneSource
- How to avoid wet packs
- What are the causes of wet packs
- Do you have to recall/reprocess all the load?
- Researching and notifying the load to OR