SPD Technician II – Full-Time
Purpose Statement / Position Summary
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the decontamination, assembly, sterilization, and transportation of surgical and procedural instruments in accordance with industry and regulatory standards and guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Decontaminates surgical and procedural instruments per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Assembles, inspects, and tests per department protocol according manufacturer's recommendations.
- Operates all equipment in Sterile Processing Department including, but not limited to, steam sterilizers, H2O2, instrument and cart washers.
- Uses instrument tracking system in all areas of Sterile Processing Department including documentation of tests and sterilizer records.
- Examines and maintains integrity of sterile packages.
- Prepares OR case carts according to preference cards on all surgical procedures and prioritize vendor tray processing.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers by carrying and utilizing Cisco phones or other communication device.
- Must maintain and check Memorial Care email correspondence regularly but at least bi-weekly.
- Precepts and assists with the orientation of new staff.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to internal and external customers.
- Able to work in a collaborative environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned within the scope of training and service.
- Sterile Processing experience or Graduate of a Sterile Processing Technical Training Program required
- High school Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of IAHCSMM/CBSPD Certification required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred